We are searching for a new Associate Pastor
- Someone who feels called to co-pastor a queer church composed of mostly queer people.
- Between the ages of 30 years old and 45 years old
- Preferably woman identifying/expressing; or non-binary
- (cis-lesbian, transwoman, cis-heterosexual, non-binary female assigned at birth)
- We may still consider man-identifying/expressing
- (cis-gay man, transman, non-binary male assigned at birth)
- Preferably ordained or has previous theological/seminary formation. If ordained, preferably from UCCP, UMC or IFI. Also open to accepting interns or weekend assignment of seminary students from Union Theological Seminary (UTS), Cavite. Previous theological background or ordination must be verifiable. If not ordained or has no theological background, willing to undergo extensive theological and biblical training with our current Pastor.
- Must be able to demonstrate and articulate progressive critical perspectives especially liberation theology and critical social analysis.
- Not required, but preferably someone who already knows SOGIESC and HIV101.
- Willing to be part of the life, ministry, and advocacy of Open Table MCC.
- Can demonstrate critical thinking through written and verbal expression
- Can demonstrate public speaking skills
- Has no criminal record. Does not have any other negative record in any other church or institution except when being defrocked or removed because of one’s SOGIESC.
- Must be residing within the areas of Mandaluyong, Makati, Pasig, Taguig, San Juan, Cubao-QC, New Manila-QC, and Pasay.
Status and Compensation: Volunteer with Stipend
- We are currently looking for a stipendiary volunteer for at least 6 months to a year.
- Depending on the relationship established with the Church community and leadership, stipend maybe increased after 1 year. Part-time compensation might be possible on the second year. Full-time pastoral work and compensation depends on the growth of the church community and its finances in the next 3 to 5 years.
- Stipend for every wedding or Union officiated
Work with the pastor and other ministry leaders for the spiritual care of members, leaders and regular attendees by:
- Preaching an average of 2 Sundays a month.
- Officiate Holy Unions or wedding ceremonies for LGBTQI+ couples
- Officiating other sacraments and rites as authorized and delegated by the Administrative Pastor.
- Personal commitment to prayer and study as a necessity of personal spiritual life and the role of associate Pastor.
- Supervisor and Mentor: Rev. Joseph San Jose, the Administrative Pastor of Open Table MCC
- Overall Fiduciary oversight: Board of Open Table MCC
For interested individuals Please submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter
- (Cover letter informs us why you’re interested with the role)
- Please include in the CV your Sexual orientation and Gender Identity
- 1 to 2 pages only of your personal beliefs on God, Jesus Christ, the Bible or scriptures, Divine revelation, the church, sin, evil, salvation/grace, and the after-life.
- Half a page or a whole page only on why you feel called to pastor in an LGBTQIA+ progressive and affirming church?