The NCOV-19, also known as coronavirus, is NOT a punishment from God.
It’s a disease like any other virus that gets passed on and kills indiscriminately. It knows no race, gender, nationality nor any religion. There have been viruses and different diseases ever since life existed on Earth. Some viruses continue to exist, mutate and evolve.
It’s NOT a Chinese disease. Don’t be racist. There’s a lot to criticize with our government’s pro-China policies. There’s a lot to be said with the influx of legal and illegal Chinese workers to our country. There are things to be said about individual behaviors of individual Chinese BUT that has no correlation and connection to the virus and race. DON’T BE RACIST.
It’s time to be in solidarity with infected people, families and communities who are suffering and dying right now.
Take Extra & Practical Care (WHO)
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel corona virus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Source: World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus